Women Need to De-Stress – 5 Reason Why a Girlfriends’ Getaway is Perfect Opportunity
As responsibilities pile on, having “me” time is important to one’s health. It helps to know you are not alone. Sisters & Friends Getaway on Martha’s Vineyard hosts women friends and strangers from around the country for a no-agenda getaway. Sharing experiences of being black women in this society make friendships come fast and natural. Friendly cliques form and lead to discussions that promote ways to support and lift each other up. Here are five benefits of a girlfriends’ getaway:
- See yourself in others. When women come together in a relaxed atmosphere, they are often relieved to find others with similar challenges.
- Physical Reaction. According to a UCLA study, when women spend time with friends, hormonal changes occur from the bond of friendship and from being in a safe environment to share and de-stress.
- Lift Burdens. A gathering of women often evolves into significant testimonies resulting in releasing anxieties as sister-friends listen, understand and cheer them on.
- Share Fix-It Strategies. “What would you do?” is likely asked and answered more often by a female. In a comfortable setting, women offer ways they handle issues and won’t hold back in sharing advice on how to handle yours.
- Take A Way. Reflecting during time away on new approaches to one’s challenges helps to face what will be there when your time away is over. Most of all girlfriends’ getaways are fun. Connie Portis is the host of Sisters & Friends Getaway to Martha’s Vineyard. It’s fun, affordable and necessary! Roundtrip chartered bus from Harrisburg.
Visit sistersandfriends.com for more information or call (412) 391- 8208. Connie Portis is a publisher and host of Sisters & Friends Getaway to Martha’s Vineyard. Visit sistersandfriends.com or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.